PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Trying to understand the financial Equation
Old 13th May 2018, 03:14
dustyflightdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dude,

As has been said before, the problem is with the hidden taxes/fees and there are just so so many of those here. Like you, I did research and a complete budget before I came here but you can never estimate everything. Examples are the VAT, it is only 5% yes but many places added much more than that. There are fees on every government transaction. Internet is very expensive, then they block skype + vpn and charge 100 aed/mo to use it again. Starting to form a picture? The gap is closing very quickly here it is worrying, and if I were you I would be VERY VERY careful about coming here because EK only gave 3% pay rise despite all the price rises in last 12 months and they made over 4bn AED profit. It is a huge red flag!!!!!! Money is ok yes but only if you sit at home and don't do anything. Start going out in Dubai and having brunches and whatever else people do here, it disappears REALLY FAST!!!!

PM me if you want specific numbers for rents, bills etc I can help you but I won't post them publicly