PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Launy for QF Training School
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2018, 05:37
dr dre

Received 350 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Rated De
One would be well versed reading the very small print. 'Return of Service Obligations', 'located at company priority' and 'release subject to operational requirements' likely to feature in the fine print.
Isn’t a bonding obligation only for those who’ve had their company foot the bill for their training? I can’t see any airline requiring the students to pay for their own training but then having to enter an obligation with financial penalties if they don’t remain with the airline?

British Airways will pay back the entire cost of training their cadets (£84k) if they remain with the airline for 7 years. Aer Lingus and Air France sponsor their student pilot training completely. If imagine there’d be a minimum employment obligation but when you’ve had the bill for your flying training covered I don’t think too many students would be complaining.

If I was a recent high school grad or uni student I don’t think I’d be too concerned with being “forced” to fly a Q400 for a number of years with training paid for either.