PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Future Pilot Programme 2018
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2018, 20:59
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sara98
Hi everyone

I've been thinking whether to apply or not for days and I've finally decided to ask for your advice.

Basically, I am currently enrolled at university (in my second year of study - out of four). I would like to apply to the Aer Lingus programme as it is an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring pilot as I am. However, I'm not entirely sure about what a recruiter might think when seeing I'm actually still enrolled at university.

Since it's obviously not possible to keep studying at uni while undergoing a professional pilot training, a possible question from any recruiter might be "what will you do if you are successful throughout the selection process?". The answer would be obvious but saying I would drop out of university without any hesitation might equally be disqualifying as I might sound like someone who is not determined to succeed and easily gives up.

What do you genuinely think? Should I apply or should I wait until I'm done with university?

Many thanks for any advice you might have
What is it in life you want to do ?

Would you want to work for Aer Lingus

If in doubt about either, don't bother.

Onlynthose with a strong desire to be given this chance will have any chance of getting through the tough application process.