PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ride Reports
Thread: Ride Reports
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 13:14
atr-drivr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cactusbusdrvr
Are you guys totally stupid? Ride reports occur because we need to know what the duration of the turbulence will be so our cabin crew can do their service without fear of being tossed up to the ceiling.

We have had crew members seriously injured when caught out by turbulence while doing service. If I can get a heads up on what the ride will be ahead I can pass that information back to the part of the aircraft that pays the bills. Plus it’s so difficult to eat my ice cream sundae when it’s bumpy. And hard to read my BBC news app.

^^^^THIS! JFK to LAX 100 mi west of DEN was in expected turbulence-Light occaisional Moderate when another aircraft 30 miles in front of us reported severe turbulence. I called back to told the inflight to drop everything and sit down NOW!!! Asked ATC for an immediate turn away from it and as we started it we got hammered. 5 to 6 seconds seemed like forever as we were slammed. Auto pilot kicked off, 20 knot overspeed and crap flying around. No injuries but when I called back they said that some pax were actually still in the aisle!! Seat Belt sign had been on since we left JFK...Ride reports? F-yeah I want them.