PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 10:09
Cat Funt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tucumseh
There's little point having a go at the Middleton person. You need to view this as another Nimrod MRA4. Read the Nimrod Review, but substitute Gliders for Nimrod. Or do the same with ANY of the Airworthiness Review Team reports of the 90s. Or the Director Internal Audit report of 1996. Or the EAC audit report of 1988. The blame lies higher up, and goes back many years.
There is a point in having a go. Not so much for the engineering failure, which is clearly not of his making, but for his abject failure to treat with any kind of decency, courtesy or respect the men and women who have decided- often against their better judgement- to continue to work for him for free because otherwise the kids will lose out. Please trust me when I say this, nobody who has met the man has a decent word to say about him and, given a choice, they will take active steps to avoid him. He is a complete morale hoover for both his own staff and any crewroom he waddles into. I save the use of the C-bomb for very special cases and he exceeds every metric I use. I'm glad I'm free of the whole mess.