PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No profit share target.....yet.
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2018, 09:42
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The irony is many pilots speak exactly the same way about working at EK as battered housewives do that are in abusive marriages. But still they stay, thinking it'll get better.
It really is like a bad relationship, you convince yourself you can get through it, having no idea how bad it really was until you are out. Personally I didn't realise how bad it was ( I knew it was bad, but ot THAT bad) until I was home, went to a therapist to work through some issues that EK/Dubai brought up and he told me he saw signs similar to PTSD. I can now say they also eroded my confidence somewhat, the whole management/hierarchy environment, reporting culture, snitching, petty flight reviews etc made me start to doubt my abilities and second guess decisions that formerly I would have had no problem making. I worked in a leadership position before and both in teams and alone in the aviation environment. And I am lucky, I was a strong person to start with so they didn't get me all the way down. Now Imagine someone with a more sensitive/less assertive personality. Luckily I am in a place where real assistance is available and I already see/feel improvement. No 'got my license from a weeties box' docs here. Nor pushing mental health issues under the rug and telling you to 'manage your sleep'

no wonder they are leaving in droves and there is definitely a mental health crisis within the CC community at least, if not the pilots. I have heard of families affected as well.

NOTHING is 'worth it', no amount of money they can throw at me would ever make me come back.

Sorry for the side rant, but yes the comment re: abusive relationship is spot on.