PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Negotiating Salary for EK New Joiners
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2018, 01:44
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider737
If you compare living in Dubai with places like guanzho Mumbai or Addis then you ain't setting the bar very high
Yep, the 'expat lifestyle' is indeed an upgrade for some nationalities. And, if folks continue to leave, you won't have to worry about getting furloughed, right?

An optimist tells us to look at the bright side of the resignations:

Originally Posted by fliion
The good news is - when the market turns all these guys are moving on (to stay in light of their convictions would be a failure of their integrity) and then your seniority will move up a lot quicker.

As I observed on another thread:

Originally Posted by Airbubba
You'll always have some genius telling you that you are making a mistake, his kids love the 'international experience' and going to the 'American School'. He doesn't pay taxes, he's not going to take a pay cut and start over etc. As things continue to go downhill, the justifications for staying become ever more strident and convoluted.

Originally Posted by Python27
Or you can choose to stay in the civilization, earning an ok salary and never come to any of those pits above ...

Originally Posted by CaptainProp
Perhaps step 3, 5 or 15 makes little difference if you’re never off and rested enough to spend your money, and time, with family and friends...? Just saying....

On the other hand, if you are trying to build time for the airlines, being worked like a rented mule really helps harvest those logbook hours. Maybe you could chalk it up to 'paying dues'. But it sure isn't a long term lifestyle for raising a family in my opinion.

I remember one of the folks here telling the Cathay guys years ago that they needed to grow some balls. As he advised Captain Underpants on the AOA response to the 49'ers:

Originally Posted by fliion
Capt. U You are correct, zero balls and thats [sic] the bottom line.
Hopefully he will continue to bravely stand for justice and now confront the EK management over the continuing decline in pay and working conditions.