PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AWB 85-023 Issue 2. CRACKED SPARK PLUG INSULATOR
Old 5th May 2018, 09:12
Cloudee

Received 79 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
I am just stating what I have seen and observed and that seems fine wire don't suffer the same cracking as massive electrode plugs and agreed by one other poster.

You Connedrod have made some wild comment I have zero idea about - stop making vague comments and only comments that are easy to follow ( in relation to this post what the hell is the plastic manufacturer? I have no got dam idea on your comment nor I assume most people) or simply don't post.

I think all my posts here are clear and they are all based on observation over some years (that is also clear I think - if I need to spell that out, I give up).
Plastic fantastic is a term, used by people not qualified to work on them, to describe composite aircraft. Cirrus is one such manufacturer. Cirrus use lean assist, so I assume he is talking about Cirrus aircraft. There is a Service letter advising Cirrus owners who have fitted an aftermarket Turbo to not use fine wire spark plugs. I don’t think Cirrus have said you shouldn’t use fine wire plugs on their standard aircraft.

CIRRUS
Number: SA 11-08
Issued: October 20, 2011
SR2X Service Advisory
SUBJECT: Release of Tornado Alley Turbo Service Bulletin SB11-05: Fine Wire Spark Plugs
The following reference material is being provided to inform Cirrus Design customers of recently released ven- dor service documents. Contact the following vendor for additional information on the referenced service docu- ments and for service center locations:
Tornado Alley Turbo, Inc.
Web: http://www.taturbo.com Phone: 877-359-8284
************************************************************ *******************************************
DOCUMENT
RELEASE DATE SUBJECT COMPLIANCE
EFFECTIVITY
APPROVAL PURPOSE
DESCRIPTION WARRANTY MANPOWER MATERIAL
ACCOMPLISHMENT
Tornado Alley Turbo Service Bulletin SB 11-05
http://www.taturbo.com/TATSR22-SB11-05
09/23/2011
Cracked Core Nose Insulators on ChampionTM Fine Wire Spark Plugs
MANDATORY, Accomplish this Service Bulletin within ten days. Compliance time begins upon receipt of this Service Bulletin.
SR22 Serials 0002 & subs with Tornado Alley Turbonormalizing System Installed per STC SA10588SC and SE10589SC.
The engineering aspects of this service bulletin are FAA DER approved.
The purpose of this Service Bulletin is to instruct owners of Cirrus SR22 airplanes equipped with Tornado Alley Turbonormalizing System to have all ChampionTM RHB32S fine wire spark plugs replaced with preferred massive style spark plugs.
Inspect and if necessary replace spark plugs.
Part and labor cost for this Service Bulletin are at the owner’s expense.
Spark Plug Replacement: 1 to 1.5 manhours.
Spark Plugs: ChampionTM RHB29E (preferred), ChampionTM RHB32E (equivalent), Autolite URHB32E (equivalent), Tempest URHB32E (equivalent)
1. Inspect engine logbook. If logbook indicates ChampionTM RHB29E (or equiva- lent) spark plugs installed no further action required.
2. If the engine logbook does not specify type of spark plugs installed, or if Cham- pionTM RHB32S fine wire spark plugs installed, replace spark plugs with pre- ferred massive style ChampionTM RHB29E or equivalent.
3. Complete airplane records by noting compliance with Service Bulletin SB11-05 in Airplane Logbook