PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Update
Thread: Gulf Air Update
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 21:45
Smoke mountain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac
Smoke : you told us the first aircraft was "en-route" on the 4th April. You now tell us it was delivered the other day. Blimey, must be the longest delivery flight in history. And I looked very silly up at the local taverna in my Bahrain F1 T-shirt telling everyone that the new 787 would flyby on the race day. Fact that it was practice day was tolerated by all who love me. Glad you guys have finally got the aircraft. Hope to see it in October if Staff Travel permit .
The aircraft was brought to Bahrain for the race,i have no interest in F1,i already have apologised for the wrong info at the time, the aircraft then was flown back to KPAE for it final checks,was delivered on friday and had it first flight today to JED , will start LHR during June i think.. Initially the aircraft will have two main destination LHR and CMN.. There is 4 more 787-9 to be delivered by the end of this year and two a320neo, they are moving guys from the 320 in batches to start their type on 78 .. they are on huge shortage of flight deck crew on 320s.