PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tornado stick top info
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2018, 12:03
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by just another jocky
There is some mention of ZA369 in Peter Foster's "Tornado A History" (ISBN 978-0-7524-4514-4), Tempus Publishing Ltd (wx3 thehistorypress dot co dot uk) , focussing on the reconnaissance role. Originally assigned to TWCU at Honington she underwent GR1A upgrade in 87 but then went to TTTE in 87 then onto 20 Sqn in 88 finally to II(AC) Sqn in 89. Entered GR4 update programme in 96 then onto XIII Sqn as GR4A in 98 and then bounced between 12 and 14 Sqn. Foster states she was a "long-serving campaigner of the first Gulf War", assigned to II(AC) Sqn for the period but it does not state where she flew.

I flew her in Jun & Aug 2001 on XIII Sqn at RAF Marham, and again in Sep 02 and in Nov 02. Next flew her in May 04 on a failed Air Test.

Jayviator, I have taken some photos of the relevant pages from Fosters book. If you PM me your email address, I'll forward them to you.

HTH
That is excellent info thank you, its pretty cool to speak to someone who flew the exact aircraft my stick was from, I'm guessing its very likely that the stick was in place when you flew her in 2001, maybe it was you who drew that face on the WRB! the form says the year 2002 which i think is the date it was removed, and i would guess they don't replace them on a yearly basis, i wonder if there is a way to track down the exact period my stick was in use.
I will probably get that book but would still appreciate if you could forward those photos to me.
Cheers!