PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which training? Which licence? Complete Newbie
Old 28th Apr 2018, 15:50
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airpolice
Any experience gained in a three axis microlight will not be a bad thing if the OP wants to "move up" to a full PPL later, as the learning will include r/t skills, airmanship, nav, and situational awareness, which has no relevance to whether you are in an EV97 or a Bulldog.
Experience is great, but lets deal with the fact that currently the NPPL(M) cannot be "moved up" to a PPL (A) anymore, spending £5k doing an NPPL (M) and then suddenly 6 years later, another 5k to do a PPL (A) (that's including maybe some microlight hours credited) sounds totally unviable.

I am also well aware of the Annex II list, I fly some of them myself, but why limit (as the CAA website states) yourself to them unless you are completely certain you will never fly anything else, LAPL/PPL allows the flexibility.

The OP must think in the long term, If all he wants to do is fly an EV97 or something to that regard in the UK then sure an NPPL (M) may suffice, but he raised questions about flying abroad and the flexibility of the licences, if there is at all any doubt in what or where he wants to fly in the future, then go EASA, a few extra medicals aren't going to cost the same as having to pay thousands to almost start from scratch on a LAPL/PPL (A) if/when he suddenly decides he wants to fly abroad or in Cessnas in addition to microlights, all this has changed in the last 2 months.