PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 27th Apr 2018, 10:24
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jackrabbitslim7
Thanks for you replies.
I'm trying to sort my ideas.
I'm actually in the process of selling a house, allowing me to do a 0-fATPL program once sold (but the process of selling the house could take some time). What do you think is best, waiting to sell the house, and then going in one big step from zero to commercial pilot, or going for a PPL this summer (in Hungary there is an offer for a 3 to 5 week PPL program) then do time building in France and once I have enough hours, apply for a CPL program ?

Do you think the ATPL theory can be done while keeping a full time job or is it better to quit work and go full time doing time building and ATPL alongside in order to apply quickly to a CPL program ?
I may get slated for this, however, as a current modular student doing the ATPL theory, if you are happy to spend almost double the amount on an integrated school, and can live for a year whilst studying, I would recommend an integrated course. The ATPL is very difficult in terms of motivation and volume on a modular basis, unless of course you would be studying full time anyway, I suspect the integrated ground school would be of much help. And it would be the quickest route to completion generally.