PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Passenger Fined $500 for apple
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2018, 22:38
PukinDog

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
No, it doesn't. What she told the agent (that Delta had given her the apple) wasn't a lie. It was perfectly true and AFAIK nobody except you is disputing that.

For all we know, she may have judged (wrongly) that it was a better excuse than her forgetfulness.

I stand by my view that the facts support that hypothesis at least as strongly as they support yours. You have yet to supply any proof that they don't.
I'm going by the woman's own words. What are you going on to suppose her forgetfulness? Something she never claimed or mentioned that's clear, not even after the fact when she's had time to think about it while moaning to the media. So that leaves pure speculation based on nothing more than "people can forget things" unless you have something more. I don't need to disprove your speculation when you have absolutely nothing to support it. The only "facts" here would be her words, the only excuse she herself has given.

I find it kind of amusing that others are riding-in to provide her with more excuses she hadn't thought of herself. She certainly doesn't have any trouble saying how she was "treated like a criminal", after all. I believe she can make her own things up just fine.

She answered "No" at the kiosk. She was searched and found out she didn't declare it. Put to question, why didn't she declare it, she uses the excuse "Delta gave it to me" which explains nothing when it comes to declaring "I am brining in Fruits, veg..etc.. Yes or No" and answering "No". Nothing about "I forgot" was spoken anywhere and you can be absolutely sure she was asked why she answered "No" on her form. "Delta gave it to me, Delta should have told me" aren't even in the ball park and yet she claims it's the most important thing.

No wonder they fined her. Like the kiosk, they probably couldn't get a straight answer out of her either except one that basically says "Delta gave it to me, I thought it was okay, its just an apple". None of it explains why she answered "No". Neither does your speculation. I could hypothesize a sudden case of cross-eyedness at the kiosk and it would have as much weight.

Last edited by PukinDog; 26th Apr 2018 at 23:11.