PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC notice on BREXIT issued, licenses/certificates invalid
Old 26th Apr 2018, 19:50
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zz9

I think Airbus will get a nice discount on the wings when they start making alternate plans,,,, Dont You!
Also all the Lego AB gets from a lot of different countries, are certified by EASA or whatever EU rule , not CAA.
Any aircraft part is taxfree , so no, Airbus gets plenty of wings.

With regards to UK being EUs biggest export market and EU suffering after brexit I think we were told at age 10 in school how that works.
No International Master in Business needed for that one: Export and Import between a big country and a small, The big one set the rules!

UK used to be a Superpower in aviation ,I read Flight International since ca 1981 and have a fair grasp of Aviation.
As Base Captain in Glasgow for a small turboprop operator in 1999 I was in shock how incompetent some UK operators and the CAA was.
Now the UK is a sad shade of itself , especially in the Aviation sector.

EU has to fight hard for it future, quitters are never treated nice in any club. UK could have made a big difference in rewriting EUs " Future"! But always being a" Besserwisser" has backfired , Dear Old Chap!

At best this will slow down Europe, including UK the next say 10 years.
Worst case, UK stop existing!
Europe will do good, me thinks.
Good luck to all
Cpt B