PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Apr 2018, 19:36
ERJ190

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same question, different thread...

Hi folks
I asked the same question at the EK thread, and I`d like to listen about QR too. Brazilian, current ERJ 190 FO, almost 3000 hours on type, 4000 total, and from September/august flying an A320 in the same airline I work today. A320 Capt salary in my airline is about 6500USD based on todays currency. I really enjoy living in my country despite the problems, but I`m afraid I might feel like I've failed on my achievements as a professional pilot if I do not fly a wide body jet as a captain during my entire career. And I really don't believe I will do so someday in Brazil.
I'd rather for a commuting contract, but also based on my experience, I know I couldn't get any contract that would be beneficial for me considering that those contracts hardly offer fast upgrade and they are all based on Far East, what makes things even more complicated. So, today, I only consider moving to the Middle East.

What do you think about that? Should I apply to QR after I get about 500h on the A320?