PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - P8 Infrastructure at Lossiemouth
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2018, 07:21
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it your position, TOFU that discussing the suggestions/demands from this thread: all aircraft hangared due salt enriched environment, reopen Kinross because they need their own airfield, three hangar bays for nine a/c, new-build dedicated admin offices & workshops, is exclusively for those who "understand maritime patrol " ? If this represents current insider thinking it goes some way to explaining why our defence budget doesn't seem to stretch far. If some of this is for training/maintenance shared with other NATO members it begins to make sense but is that the case?
No, not in the least, didn't say anything like this...just put you right about the need for a simulator. I could bang on all day about the recent history of the kipper fleet, but let's live in the present...we are (or seem to be) getting the P8 and it is (or seems to be) going to Lossie. Perfect...no, better than what we have now...by a million miles. I don't know (because I am now purposefully out of the loop) but I would imagine, a ton of work (and money!) and challenges of all sorts, to re-establish this absolutely vital component of our defence capabilities.