PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2018, 19:07
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
In point of fact, although FlyBe have orders for 4 additional E175s, only one, according to Jethros, is for delivery in 2019. The other 3 have no fixed delivery dates as yet, and have probably been deferred.

It has also been stated publicly that the current management at FlyBe is reducing it's fleet, and that can only impact less well performing routes. Whether any of these prove to effect Cardiff only time will tell. How anyone outside FlyBe can state categorically that the Cardiff base is doing well, or badly, is beyond me. Anyone with insider knowledge shouldn't be posting it here. Bums on seats aren't a measure of how well routes are doing, it's the revenue that is crucial. I wish CWL no ill will whatsoever, but sometimes allowing the head to over rule the heart is a good policy.
Can only look at the evidence on hand and that suggests the Flybe operation is growing and doing well. Only Flybe and the airport will have the finer details and they aren't going to release it to the likes of me!
As for the future only Flybe and the airport know IF they'll continue to add extra aircraft as was mentioned in a press article earlier in the year and what extra frequencies they'll add and what new routes if any they'll add or are looking to add. If i'm correct it'll be around September time that we'll find out if they are going to add a 4th aircraft and if they'll keep expanding.