PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2018, 06:42
southside bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BAA internals I refer to were timeline specific occurring with the traffic downturn mentioned originally above as a trough of approx. -25%...

The BAA exacerbated & prolonged the correction which originally started with misfortunes including BER pulling their domestics & demise of EOS & MAX et al...

It could not really be attributed to the history per se of STN as related above though, as there were two major factors ongoing for the BAA in that same timescale which came to suit the BAA Empire very well in seeing traffic "run down" at STN in the short/medium term for a sight & view of the long term overall future of the "London Empire"...

Reference to statements by MAG even in the last few weeks concerning STN growth under their leadership & very diplomatically alluded too also highlights the case.

The STN history as related above is obviously very generalised & I would defer in some instances but it reflects too the overall malaise in the real political world with every successive government to this very day fudging the London airports issue...

LHR is & has been since WW2 a cobble up & still suffers from it`s planning past today & really only strengthened by becoming a major beneficiary of the emergence unforeseen a few years ago of the Alliances & ME3...

Surely the organisation that is STN deserves merit in commercial & marketing eyes as although as pointed out it does not exist with it`s original function it has been transformed by commercial reality & innovation not envisaged at the outset...

Referring back to the actual STN news story from yesterday it does portray an exciting & evolving story.

I agree with sentiments concerning LCY & SEN btw.

From the records Stansted Airport officially became London (Stansted) on 1 May 1964.