PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 08:20
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
If there is anyone out there seeking a change from bratwurst, find yourself a butcher that stocks boerewors, a sausage that comes from South Africa. Boerewors, translated, literally means 'farmer's sausage' (no sniggering at the back ...). Made properly, it contains a coarse-ish mix of quality meats together with aromatic spices such as coriander seed, cloves, nutmeg, pepper and allspice. It is perfect for barbecues. How do I know this? I may just have been born and raised in African climes.

Originally Posted by 60024
... so I'm having to think about succumming to a gas monster....
Noooooooooooo! And there are always other sources of charcoal!

And what is that 'spike' in the lawn next to your 'racing red' Weber. Were you grounding the thing in case of lightning strikes, LOL? I also see the temperature gauge next to the lid handle - that was available on a 1988 model?

Originally Posted by tdracer
You guys need to do a better post Brexit trade deal ...
tdracer, it has long been an issue here in the UK that we have had to deal with the rip-off culture. Those prices I quoted are straight off the official Weber UK website. Hunting around elsewhere on the web can produce discounts, but not at the levels you mention. Which is why my trusty Weber kettle was purchased in a USAF BX! C'est la vie!

PS: The last time I was up in Everett, during a layover in SEA, I was taking a drive up to the Mt Baker area, and stopped in at the Future of Flight Aviation Center for a little visit. The weather was like it was here yesterday (and today!) - horizon to horizon blue and temperature in the mid-20s Celsius. I do envy your Washington state mountain and sea views when the weather is good ...... but there are other times when that Pacific Northwest weather is enough to drive a man to alcohol abuse!