PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 04:06
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
I note that, in the UK, the 57cm Master-Touch, which has the enclosed ash catcher and a thermometer in the lid, at £269, is £100 more expensive than the current equivalent to mine, the 'Original' kettle series version! Blimey, thats an expensive ash catcher and/or thermometer! And if you want the Special Edition, which is merely a red paint job (otherwise it is available in black and 4 other colours ...), you pay £299. Holy whats-its - another £30 for the red, why?
You guys need to do a better post Brexit trade deal with The Donald - I did a quick Amazon check and the basic 22" Weber Kettle grill goes for $99 - the red special edition you noted was $149 - both with free shipping (I'm on Amazon Prime). That's easily half what you're quoting even with the dropping value of the pound.
I did another pork loin in the smoker last weekend - threw in some chicken thighs as long as I had the thing going. Pork was really good, but the chicken may have been even better (pork makes a better sandwich though).