PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 10:58
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4mastacker
What's the sauce that bloke's basting the sausages with?
Holy Mesquite-infused water?

This morning I rolled my veteran, all-original, Weber 22.5-inch* One-Touch kettle barbecue out of the shed, for the first time this year, in preparation for some sunshine cooking - yay!

[*For the metricated amongst you, 22.5 inches is 57 cm.]

I purchased this barbecue in the BX at Lajes AFB in 1991, them being the days when the Weber kettle barbecues were relatively rare, and a lot more expensive, in the UK. Given that it will be 27 years old this year, it has done damn well!! I have a very vague recollection that I paid the equivalent of £90, or was it US$90? Today they go for £169.99 direct from Weber UK.

Anyway, I have again been admiring it's classic lines, with wooden side and lid handles (thankfully not the grey plastic variety that Weber replaced them with ...) and 'aluminium hubcap' ash catcher. I am pretty sure the posher, enclosed ash catcher as seen on the more recent Master-Touch series didn't exist at the time.

Does anyone else ever line the interior of the kettle with kitchen foil, to reduce cleaning effort? I place 3 or 4 strips of foil from the charcoal grate upwards to the rim of the kettle (folded over the rim), just to save time and effort on the cleaning of the interior - works well. Of course, you still need to clean below the charcoal grate, including the One-Touch ash sweeping vanes.

Roll on lunch time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Weber_22.5.jpg (285.1 KB, 27 views)