PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 19th Apr 2018, 04:31
ecotango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uPilot review

Hi guys,
I wanted to share my feedback on uPilot.

I went there on March, the day before the assessment, I bought the 3 hours package.
The guy was very professional and friendly.
We went through many questions you might expect at the assessment, either HR and technical.

I found the sim part extremely helpful, he gave me tips and hints throughout the session, letting me note them down when needed. We did the assessment profiles, briefings, and emergencies included.
We repeated all the parts that we deemed necessary to.

As for the sim yoke, frankly it was difficult.
Not because of the missing feedback, c'mon not so many flight schools have a feedback on the sim yoke.
In my opinion the problem was something to do with the springs inside the yoke system. It didn't have an equilibrium point, i.e. it was very difficult to trim and keep it there.

It turned out that since I had to focus hard on the attitude during the prep, the following day at the sim it went smoother than expected (at least the a/c handling).

I passed the assessment and in either case I would absolutely recommend uPilot for the prep. Very high quality / cost ratio.

If they fixed the yoke it'd be excellent!

Good luck fellas.
F