PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 22:40
BusAirDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few things are said here that are true.

Training department at least as far as I know was very good, high standards and good trainers, with a few exceptions.

From what I understand, it's probably slightly to easy to get Command there, as they are desperate for people to take their command on minimum hours, where competency is not always priority. This is based people I have spoken with within the company, and also what I have seen myself.

Other companies in Europe have much higher standards for Command training and qualifications, of course nice to your 4 stripes fairly fast, but I feel many individuals might not always be ready on minimum hours.

I believe airlines need to be aware of their growth, and movement to West European bases, as they do not follow the rules like others do, and they constantly try to push the limits on TC's and working regulations. Also their business model, makes them in my opinion a threat to all major European airlines, considering their questionable business model and unfair competition.

I was surprised that UK airlines allowed them to gain a foothold in the UK.

Remember it's your career, so study very well Rules and Regulations FTL's etc. as they don't mind being creative if it gains the company.