PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SWA1380 - diversion to KPHL after engine event
Old 18th Apr 2018, 10:25
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing. On a PILOT chat forum not one discussion about what the pilots did. It's more like an engineers and health & safety chat forum. From page 1.
Mrdeux: in post #101 hinted at possible problems from a pilot perspective.
No doubt there was considerable panic/discomfort in the cabin. Well done to all, including pax.

I was interested looking at the LED's on left side. They would be out of sight from LHS FD. Equally the engine nacelle was out of sight. Much would depend on CA <10,000, or perhaps a pilot did have a look. That would be interesting to know. The reason I'm curious is that there have been engine blow-ups that damaged LED's and caused an uncontrollable UAP/roll when deployed. I wonder if they conducted a flight control/flap test at 10,000'. This is such a rare event, and certainly not trained for, so anything the rest of us could learn is immensely valuable.

I appreciate most would want to be the ground PDQ, but much can depend on where you are, where your target is and what the state of pax & cabin is. I'm not suggesting something so simple.
The report, which would tell us, could take a long time, but the passing of knowledge might be more beneficial if quicker.

Last edited by RAT 5; 18th Apr 2018 at 11:08.