PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 10:46
B757UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fratemate
First 787 course started in January and they've all passed all the JCAB stuff. The second course started in March and the third is slated for May. You can see the pattern I'm pretty sure the first course has finished the line training stuff as well.

The first two courses were captains only and were, mostly, done on seniority. With JCAB and ANA Mainline looking on with a LOT of interest, AJX wanted to make sure they were all going to pass, so some people may have been bypassed. To be honest, I haven't even looked at the list to see if that's the case but it is what we were advised was going to happen in the emails prior to the courses starting.

The May course will all be FOs and there's eight on every course.

After that we don't know but it should start being a mixture of captains and FOs. There will be more captains because there are a whole heap of FOs who either can't 'bid' for the 787 because they haven't been in long enough or they've been in too long and would rather get a command on the 767 instead of being stuck in the RHS of a 787 for the next 4+ years.

Allegedly, after course 1 & 2 it should go to seniority but they reserve the right to pick who they want. They doubtless will and don't really need to give a reason because we don't actually have a seniority system, we have no union representation for such (and the contract companies might as well not exist for that sort of thing) AND because that's what they said could happen. So, I'm sure we'll see the usual junior suspects on the 787 course (if they can drag themselves away from butt kissing in the office) ahead of people who have been there significantly longer
Thanks for the info Fratemate! Obviously I know you don’t have a crystal ball but how do you see this affecting recruitment on the 76? More required to replace those transferring to the 78 or less required as they phase out the 76? Anyone who does have a crystal ball feel free to reply....