PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 09:44
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lolo, I think you may had missed CP's point. He's saying that low-ballers raising the stakes is a sign of trade-winds changing. I agree.

Makes no difference the SPA sheet is just hype (you were probably too exhausted to add "it's GROSS" to your list). It's about what made them create one.

And SAIL feels the same pressure (email about 2 hrs ago):

Originally Posted by Work Pattern
  • Proposed roster pattern of 5 days on, followed by 4 days off, 5 days on, followed by 13 days off.
  • Staff Travel on SAS Network available after 6-month probation
Originally Posted by Payment
Average monthly Gross salary based on 52hrs- £6,104.25
  • Basic Salary – GBP£4,665.00 gross per month (Based on 30 b/h per
  • month)
  • Overtime per b/h – GBP£45.33 per b/h over 30
  • Overnight Allowance – GBP£51
  • Home Standby Allowance (should you fly) – GBP£125.00
  • Airport Standby Allowance (paid for duty) - GBP£125.00
  • Productivity Pay (Working day off pay Allowance): GBP£518.50** Trade Day
Let's call the above 6000 EUR for 5/4/5/13. If we think about it from a scheduler's perspective, observing the EASA mandatory no-duty days, with a bit of Excel magic: that's exactly 50% part-time.
  1. SPA obviously did their research (mostly imitating without understanding is what they do), and shot an advertisement of 10.000 EUR on 20/10 for 85 hrs - to catch the beholder's eye.
  2. SAIL admits being ready to spend 12000 EUR for 1x full-time LHR based pilot.

After Emirates no longer attractive? After MON and AIB gone? I wish what I see is true.

Let's hope all the methods of squeezing out money from the new cadets and line-training schemes are already exhausted, and our young future colleagues will not be made to pay for the above.

Last edited by FlightDetent; 17th Apr 2018 at 20:08. Reason: grammar