PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 22:32
Fat Busdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Life on top
Lol.... If you have the same career and does the upgrade at the same time (which you have to assume in order to have any numbers to play with), then the gross salery in Scandi is waaaaay higher than Ryanair, even in the remote chance of working close to 900 a year in Ryan, especially the period as an FO. And that is not to mention the pension scheme in Scandiland...
Are you assuming that upgrade in Ryanair and upgrade in mainline SAS to be the same time wise? LOL play with the actual numbers, 3 years Fo in Ryan than LH seat and 15 years in SAS(with SAIL it may never happen) on the right before moving to the left, I don't have time to count but you will make at least 1 mil Euros more in Ryan if you start at a young age! Sure you will save some bucks on the free coffee. I used to work for another LCC pink outfit before moving back home to Scandinavia and Charter. Now I have free, meal, coffee, snacks, good salary, good colleagues and 15 years to upgrade. Is it worth it? Let me say it like this, if Easyjet opened a base in Scandinavia I would be the first to knock on their door, not because I do not like my job but this is still a job, If I can make 1 million Euros more for my retirement I would do it. Coffee snack all this crap is not important, base, salary and time spent at home is. Also another important thing, yes I flew 900h per year but I had only 1200h in duty time per year, only 10-13 days of actual work per month and even on workdays I was at home in my own bed every night. In LCC everything is optimised, 30min turnarounds, no hotels, pickups, deadhead and other bull**** that you get in SAS. In SAS you fly 800h per year but work 20 days a month!(almost) Who is more overworked? LCC or SAS? SAS is only good for old guys sitting on A330 and making 10 grand as FOs, for new joiners it utter crap! I know that there are worse outfits in Scandiland but its still shame.........