PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T-45C Crash Report
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 20:30
Lonewolf_50

Received 377 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
The former VT-7 skipper has retired. Will CNATRA (Rear Adm. Bynum) step down as well?
For what?
I'd be hard pressed to think of a case, civilian or military in the big leagues, where an instructor was never trained on an aircraft (s)he instructed on.
Good thinking, why have you changed your mind now?
There have been cases of missing signatures in a file and the like.
Yes, or an expired qual, or someone flying a maneuver in a stage/phase they are not qualified to instruct in.
Was the instructor training done but not properly documented? Or, were things 'pencil-whipped' to expedite Lt. Ruth's qualification as a T-45C instructor?
The latter is unlikely; TW-1 has an ITU, and you don't get to sign for the bird and take any student up until you pass through the IUT syllabus. If you think that TW-1 pencil whips the IUT's, you better be able to back that up.
I believe the Navy fires more skippers than the rest of the services combined.
Heh, that is a fine old Naval Tradition.
Anybody find a link to the actual accident report?
Mishap reports are not for public release.
Often these are published on an obscure military air safety database with a media release at happy hour on Friday afternoon.
Do you mean the FOIA requests for the results of the JAG investigation? Any mishap that results in a fatality, or that has pilot error as a contributory cause, will typically have a JAG investigation as well. I've seen the JAG investigations take more time than the mishap investigations before.

Or do you think that, maybe, the journo is full of crap? I do. That has happened before.

Just This Once
Remarkable that a USN pilot can join, train, fly orbits on the E-2C for his first 3-year tour, get posted as a fast jet instructor before wiping himself and his student out. Only now do they wonder if the instructor was even qualified on the T-45C.
Given that they can't, it is really remarkable that you made that up. two questions for you:
Did you actually serve in the armed forces as a pilot?
Did you, as I have sometimes done, Post Whilst Pissed?

Here are a few facts for you:
Fact 1. E-2 pilots go through strike training pipeline. That includes T-45 and carrier qual.
Fact 2. E-2 pilots are some of the IPs sent to Meridian and Kingsville to instruct, since all communities have to offer people up for IP duty.
Fact 3. All T-45 instructors at TW-1 and TW-2 have to complete the IUT before flying a single student "X."
Fact 4. I actually know something about how this works. PM me if you are interested in other facts.