PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B747-100 engine problems on early versions
Old 16th Apr 2018, 17:47
TVproducerNick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I'm writing from a UK TV production company, Elephant House Studios. We are making a celebratory two part 747 documentary to mark 50 years since roll out.

Episode 1 covers the epic challenges Boeing faced in the late 60’s as they ‘bet the firm’, racing to create the largest passenger aircraft ever built.
Episode 2 explores the temperamental early engines, the long term success of the aircraft, it's impact on the aviation business, signing off with a nod to the end of an era.

The archive led documentary series will air in 2018 - in time for the 50th anniversary of the aircraft. I would be interested to hear from people involved in the early years 65'-75' or those who spent their careers in or around the aircraft.
For budget reasons we are limited to where we can film these interviews. Seattle or UK, in May 2018.

Perhaps you were hands on, earning amazing overtime dealing with the early PW engines, were on the assembly line at Everett, flew one for thirty years, or know the right outspoken cabin crew who can tell a good tale?

As this is a a UK documentary series, airing in the UK first, we would love to find British angles on a US story - perhaps you are a Brit who worked at British Airways or Roll Royce?

If you think you might be of interest and can talk confidently regarding the aircraft and your part in its story, please do get in touch [email protected]

Please remember that I can only accommodate people based in the Seattle area or the UK, filming in May 2018, apologies for this limitation.

Kind regards,

Nick Watson