PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest information on CASA giant 40nm 5,000 foot CTAFs
Old 16th Apr 2018, 06:17
Lead Balloon

Received 411 Likes on 203 Posts
So is this fact, or just my opinion, Lookleft? (Or maybe it was only fact 14 years ago and is no longer true):
EACH AND EVERY transport and passenger carrying aircraft operating in the United States is required to operate for some portion of their flight in designated Class E airspace – effectively between 18,000 feet and the upper limit of Class B, C or D airspace – or the surface for non controlled aerodromes. This equates to over 10,000 passenger-carrying flights per day, every day of the year. The Class E airspace within which they operate is in the so-called most dangerous phase of flight – climb or descent. Your national carrier is no exception.
The reason I quoted the post from voices of reason is that it neatly summarises the splendid aviation Galapagos that Australia was then and continues to be today, precisely for the reasons identified in the post.

You seem oblivious to the irony of your ongoing personal attacks on me. I keep saying that I have no clue what I’m talking about. Why are you worried that anyone would be silly enough to consider my arguments to have any factual and logical basis?

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 16th Apr 2018 at 06:49.