PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2018, 01:42
crewflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was once MAM casual and enjoyed it. My roster was just basically on call 90% of the time and a couple of rostered duties. Alot of MAM crew have come across to LH over the years. QF from time to time will hire QD but it will be PER base as they have a higher turn over than the other bases. QD didnt come up while I was a casual. Apply and see how you go

Originally Posted by 7A7
Hi all,

If I may could I please ask members who are being employed by Qantas (domestic) or MAM(Maurice Alexander Management)?
I would like to one day work for Qantas in the domestic arm.
As far as I am aware Qantas outsource their cabin crew through MAM for casual positions only.
If you are a MAM casual Qantas offers to take you on board if positions becomes available, once applied and successful only then are you a Qantas employee.

There are crews who are casual for years and hasn't being offered permanent positions, while others said there are offers but few far and between.
It seems Qantas only hire for long haul, regional (Qantaslink) and their subsidiaries such as Network Aviation (which is also regional)

So to sums it up, you can get into their domestic arm by either going casual with MAM then apply for permanent potions when it becomes available or apply for Qantaslink and get a transfer over, again when positions becomes available.

I will appreciated it If I could be enlightenment on this.
Thank you once again and I'm sorry if this post is massively longand to all the people who are on the waiting list for ground school.
Just hang in there, I know 3 people who are in the same boat, they got similar emails just after Easter. Boeing is working hard getting Qantas's dreamliners assembled and delivered!