PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth to London
Thread: Perth to London
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2018, 07:48
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the day, Qantas had more presence at Changi than any other foreign operator. I often wonder where it went wrong. Did the genii in the "Public Service" in Canberra cede too much to the ME3? I suggest that the benefits they bring to Australia are illusory.
An astute observation.
Government data (on passenger numbers ex Australia) shows a very abrupt decline when Qantas exited Singapore. To understand what the airlines flying through Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore thought of Qantas' "advance to the rear" abandoning Asia, have a look at the additional services they put only following April 1.

Is it likely that due real hard crew limits, the Perth London is beyond the reach to be a sustainable reliable service?

In that event, should a London winter kill the schedule integrity, expect the Melbourne, Perth to London service to quietly go through Singapore and the service be scaled back to non-existent.

Staggering the loss of patronage, Operating Revenue and footprint Qantas surrendered for little Napoleon's five year random walk through Dubai.