PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 11:17
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apache

I have been on the board for 3 years now. I didn't enjoy the first two. On that Board the wisdom of a couple of members was unassailable. This board works, and it works well and effectively across the spectrum of GA.

I didn't support NAS then. Because I don't ever trust force fed wisdom, and that's all I got from the dominant board members and from both Smiths.

Now, while I find Dick Smith to be a little full of his own importance, I took the time to listen to him re NAS. He has his own hype sure, but he made sense.

I also spoke to Mike Smith, now he and I probably don't like each other, we certainly joust. But he has a job to do and delivers his message well.

The same can't be said for the transparrent scaremongering of CivilAir and AFAP.

It is that honourless rubbish that has contributed as much to my support for NAS as the Smiths. However I personally (ie not the AOPA view) think NAS needs ADSB to allay the real fears of the one or two genuine people on here.

But those that think AOPA is irrelavent are probably skipping hapilly in a field of claymore mines. This is a new AOPA, with political experience and clout and the ability to get the Government to listen. If the AFAP and CivilAir people are stupid enough to ignore such a foe, then winning for NAS will be easier than i thought and they are stupider.

AK