PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To all Dick dislikers...
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 10:43
apache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the idea that MORE IS BETTER . If some radio talk is good, then more is better . If some checks are good, then more are better . If some ATC is good, then more is better . If some aviation regulation is good then more is better .
Fair point Manwell.... but let us change the record....

Years ago we had MORE ATC services, I thought it was good.
Now we have DEGRADED SERVICES.... and using your argument more DEGRADED services would NOT be better ... hey, I agree.

Nowadays we are getting charged MORE $$$ to fly, once again, I agree that less $$$ is better.

This argument of yours will work well, if you are on the same side of the fence as the person you are arguing with.
Say for example, you want to argue with a bean counter at QF, and the argument is about COMPETITION... some might argue "More is Better", guaranteed that QF exec will disagree that more competition is better... FOR QF! Speak to Joe Public... he will say that 'More competition IS better, because he gets better service at a lower cost, and more flexibility with his travel."

However ther ARE times when I will agree with this theory of yours .... MORE OF DICK SMITH, is DEFINITELY not better!!!!

I am still having a hard time trying to figure out what "too much sex" is.

BTW, if regionals started sacking pilots for 'joining the circuit on downwind', or by having a less courteous GA, then maybe they shouldn't be in business! If your entire profit margin is based on a C172 giving way to your DHC-8 at Moree, then YOU have problems!!!!

Sure, it helps but Jeeez.... what sort of a threat is that ?

Reading back thru SNAREK's post .... I too have flown in LA, and whilst I agree that the visibility IS poor, and the ATC service IS good... I must say that I would HATE to be having a problem where i required ACTUAL help from ATC, as one just cannot get a word in at a controlled and calm pace. there are also twice to three times as many freq changes required.

I also have a couple of questions for you :
1/ How much money does the FAA ( or whoever) get from the taxpayer to fund ATC in the US ? (I honestly do not know)
2/ what percentage of that money makes up the entire budget for ATC in the US ? (once again, I honestly do not know)
3/ from the shortfall, how much does the average PPL have to pay every time he flies ? (once again, I do not know)
4/How much tax is there per litre of AVGAS/AVTUR bothe here and in the US ? (again, I do not have actual figures)
5/ Why is it that AOPA is a vehement supporter of DICK SMITH? and considered a joke by the rest of the aviation fraternity in Australia ?

Is it any wonder that the AOPA acronym has a somewhat differing meaning to what the association would like ?

I apologise, snarek, if this is a little personal, however I have found in my experience, that Dick, and to a lesser extent AOPA, have NOT made the airways either safer OR cheaper for me.