PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 21:25
G1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paddingtonbear
Does anybody know if there are any alternatives to the forced winter Scandinavian detachment? PYW for example?

This very factor is deterring me from booking an assessment at the moment.
The company aren't currently offering summer only contracts, everyone joins full time and can bid for part time working the day they join.

The have been a number of 757 rated pilots in the last 12 months who have joined straight onto a UK only contract. If you join and are indeed sent to Scandinavia in the winter (the work/trips on the 767 are quite good if you're willing to do some long haul), you can bid for a UK only base. With the expansion I wouldn't imagine you would have to do more than one winter over there, if that...

As theflyingbus says, not many people come here and regret it. I'm not worried about what's going to happen - I hope (and dare I say confident) there won't be any cuts and maybe positives to come. It's a great place to work and whatever those who experienced the 70/80s say, it's still one of the best career airlines in the UK. If you're close to command at an LCC and the left seat is important to you, don't bother. If you're after better options of lifestyle (long haul, short haul, lots of bases, part time, RTW trips, detachments etc.) and willing to wait to move seats then apply and see what they have to offer you - can always say no! It's a long time to command because very few people leave and I can't see that changing, however this is falling drastically with expansion happening.

Good luck.