PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 20:32
westernhero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if Russian forces get killed by British bombs in a country that is nothing to do with NATO then the US will go nuclear ?? Really ? Let me say this again, there is no underlying UK interest in Syria, all that has happened is politicians playing games in the sandpit, remind me how well that's gone in recent years ?

Assad is the legitimate elected leader of the Syrian Arab Republic, Russian forces are in country by invitation by said legitimate President. UK and US forces are not. You kill Russians when they are there by invite and you are not and that is a very sticky legal position in my book. The Russians would be entitled to defend their forces by military action including attacking a base operated by those who have killed their men. Can you deny that ?

Putin does not even go that far, all he has to do is go on TV and state his intentions if his men get killed and just watch what happens to May. She is an idiot. She thinks that she can play games and there are no possible consequences to the UK, she is wrong.