PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What salary to ask for
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 19:32
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kelly Hopper
Ah that's an easy question to answer...
Short haul, Europe destinations, just a few sectors per month, nice sensible aircraft, good crew, good pax, good hotac and most importantly a company that has empathy. Then the job can be a delight. Or... flat out east, west, west again, east, east again, with only min rest between which ends up as 2 hrs sleep, truly awful crew (actually the worst pilots I have ever seen) arrogant pax, dreadful destinations with all sorts of diseases to get you, and they did, and a horrendous management company that extends every duty by 50% and doesn't even pay for it.
You decide?
Now, it would seem to me that your reasons to dislike "gulfstream flying" so much, is more down to your personal bad experience, which obviously sounds bad, but that's not necessarily what all privately managed long range gulfstream account are like. I used to be on one where we'd fly once or twice a month, west then east, have 2-4 days away and be home 20 days a month or at times 6 weeks off with no flying, and the occasionally flight to some great destinations in different continents. On top of that great, well trained and skilled crew. Pax were ok. Also - the G650 is not a bad airframe to do regional flying in - it's truly well equipped for flying around Europe as well. Anyways, I was curios to hear what made your current job better than "gulfstream" jobs, and you explained well. Enjoy. Cheers.