PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here it comes: Syria
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 19:00
westernhero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thaihawk
If Assad was to launch a strike against Cyprus, it will be one of his last acts on Earth.

Then this conflict could spread and the end game could involve nuclear weapons.
Really ? How's that then, the UK is going to nuke him ? And if Russian personal were killed by any of the forthcoming attacks and if Putin decided to attack the UK as the weak link rather than any US forces ?

If I was Putin and knowing the underlying discord in the UK to any further ' adventures ' in the Middle East I would go on RT tonight and announce that any deaths of his men would be answered by an attack on UK bases in the region. Just watch the sh1t storm then, Social media would go into meltdown, Tory MPs would panic and Corbyn could be PM by next week. Would Trump start a war with Russia by responding to a Russian attack on Akrotiri ?

If May attacks Syria she knows she does not have the backing of Parliament or the British people. She is only going into this to continue the pretence that the UK is the best friend of the US and its Presendent, a man she can't stand and not to be shown up by Trump's new best European friend Macron.

If I was Putin I would look to the example of Stalingrad, don't got for the Germans but go for the Italian and Romanian forces on the flanks.

To my mind May is a bloody idiot for getting into this. I hope British forces don't end up paying the price.