PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2018, 15:20
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irishlad06
There are 2 B733 due for retirement in the next 2 weeks // GCELG and GCELK I think.

They won’t expand into anymore UK airports for a while unless a huge opportunity presents itself. They are now going to concentrate on growing their existing bases as evident by the schedule release for each new base so far.

There are two more aircraft due for delivery before the end of April that that’s all of the original order of 30 delivered. The top up order of 4 will start delivery in August and finish in January 2019. I doubt we will see any new aircraft ordered after this until we get a replacement for the B757 fleet.

The plan is for STN and BHX to grow to the size of the MAN base if the market takes it. They are expanding in self handling with currently this summer LBA/MAN/EMA/BHX/STN, ALC and TFS all fully self handle stations. (Their own staff on all parts of the ground from check in to bag loading and dispatch)

If EDI get 7 aircraft next summer and NCL that is the magic number for self handling to work so they might see self handling introduced. Costs more upfront but because you have 100% control over your operation then you get more repeat custom so makes them money in the long run.

There will soon be 3 new destinations to be announced for S19. MAN along with other bases will serve all 3 new destinations.

In terms of growth they are continuing to acquire 2nd hand B738’s (GDRTC/D/E and F acquired for this summer) so I expect at least another 4 for next year including the leases in aircraft. 6 in total this summer.

GPOWN
GPOWT
YL-LCV
GVYGL
GPOWH
ECIDT
Where are they going to get the extra aircraft from to expand the likes of BHX and STN to sizes comparable to MAN and keep on expanding their other bases?
And why would they leave an obvious gap in their network like South Wales and the South West any longer than necessary?