PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow-3
Thread: Glasgow-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2018, 14:38
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates

Interesting debate in respect of Emirates next step in Scotland or for that matter North East England or maybe more relevant to the Emirates thread.

Source: CAA Annual Figures for 2017

GLA-DXB 2017 passengers 466953 up 9% an average of 320 per flight or 89% load factor based on 360 seats assuming all flights operated (no idea) and that all were 360 config (they were not).

NCL-DXB 2017 passengers 237856 up 3% an average of 326 or 76% load factor based on 428 seats but of course Newcastle have in the past depending on the time of year get 3 class versions, which would mean the load factor is in fact higher than 76% but relevant if it is to stay a 2-class service.

So what will it be if EY leave EDI, as suggested.

1) Glasgow third service
2) Glasgow A388 & 77W (3 Class)
3) New EDI 77W service
4) Evening NCL service (That wouldn't affect any extra GLA service though I presume)
5) Some of the above
6) None of the above

Forgive me for those who live in NE England but option 4 seems to way off at present if Glasgow at 89% has got nothing as yet.

Option 1 - At this stage you think that there would be two chances - no chance and fat chance based on their BHX experience and even more illustrious airports such as Milan, Rome , Munich and Frankfurt have struggled in the past with frequency cuts although I believe the third service has been restored at most of these now.

I won't reference Manchester in this as their EK service has been outstanding and in a league of its own in general but they were once rumoured to get a 4th service and that has not happened.....yet

Perhaps eventually options 2 and 3 could happen once the 787-10 is in the fleet?

I just can't see 6 as an option - surely too good of an opportunity to be missed?

Pete