PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amelia Earhart PNG Theory
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2018, 00:28
mgahan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg 47.

You do not seem to respect the efforts Mr Billings had made over a long period of time to examine this based on a critical piece of evidence - a "fact".

As I posted earlier in this thread and on another, based on personal experience many years ago -

IT ALL HINGES ON THAT ONE BIT OF DATA
As the guys looking for MH370 would tell you, "If only we had something to actually pin the detail of the search on we would probably find it." Well folks I think David has a critical piece of evidence that may well lead to solving part of the mystery or, if not, at least remove one theory that has very strong chance of being the correct one.

Why do I make that assertion? Well, several years ago I had the chance to sit for many hours with David and a couple of others and forensically analyse his theory based on that one piece of evidence. Whyteboard, maps, blank paper ... the lot. I challenged him on every step and documented his responses.

I then passed the theory past a couple of well experienced aviators and guess what? When you take the critical data and put it into all the equations along with other well documented proven facts it has as much, if not more, strength than many of the other theories of where that aircraft and occupants came to grief.

We were so convinced we started planning the expedition.

Why haven't we been there? Several reasons but the main one is $$$. David Livingstone may have been funded by the publishing industry but these days the glossy mags and TV shows are just not willing to finance the expedition; they will go along and pay their own way and possibly a bit more but the brunt of the expedition cost has to be found elsewhere. And that "elsewhere" has not come up despite several approaches to likely sources.

Assuming my numbers come up one Saturday night I'll be calling Mr Billings and one of several documentary makers who are very interested but until then the mystery remains and that critical piece of evidence waits to be put to the test.

MJG
Out in the mid Pacific not too far from where she wanted to end up that day.
David,

We've pointed another potential media contact at your website and suggested he make contact.

MJG
No success last Saturday night but I've booked the same numbers for this week.