PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drink driving - anyone gone pro with a DUI charge under their belt?
Old 4th Apr 2018, 08:30
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not following what you mean re. the Flight Safety or CAE... ? Just to clarify I don't actually have any criminal record. This is just a driving thing that attracted a fine.
Melbfly,
If you are entering the US for flying training you must have the appropriate visa. The legislation that lays down the conditions say that you must declare any aviation related charge --- not conviction, charge.
Given the Australian aviation law is all criminal law, this presents a problem.
A number of countries, US and Canada being two, take a very dim view of DUI, however described, and not limited to aviation matters, you must read the fine print very carefully, as to whether it is just being charged that counts, not necessarily a criminal conviction.
ie: Being let off under a "first offenders", "no conviction recorded" type clause still counts.
With aviation security, the wide sharing of databases is very efficient. I friend of mine was turned around at KLAX, just as a visitor, the "aviation criminal record"was that he had had a run-in with CASA over a minor maintenance issue and fined.
Tootle pip!!