PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Apr 2018, 00:41
Cough for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only part of Dusty's post above that causes me concern is that the FO's are not listened to. After all it's our careers and our licenses at stake too. If I was to be suggesting something that was more conservative to theirs I would expect them to acknowledge it, provided it's not totally retarded.

Don't get me wrong fatiuge is surely a big issue and as others have mentioned you wont know what it's like until you've done it but i've met far too many pilots who get upset at the lack of a 9-5 style work life balance. You're pilots! never was I under the impression that pilots have a normal sort of life in that respect. Many of my colleagues however really get uptight about the anti social hours and being unable to get time off for public holidays and birthdays etc...I got into this assuming this to be the case.

The mention of Jet lag is very strange, not only are you pilots but you willingly applied for a position as a LONG HAUL pilot....there's no way of avoiding jetlag! You manage it, however that may be, yes it's tough and even tougher if you have a family but the stories of pilots having had several failed marriages has been around longer that Emirates has so this is not an Emirates issue this is an issue with your career choice.

I was never under the impression that Emirates is a training airline. Line training is just a few sectors to get you comfortable on your new aircraft and get you accustomised to different procedures on different routes, such at varying ATC, Oceanic procedures, flying in Africa procedures (or lack therefore) as well as the SOP's, which I might add that once you have completed your sims during type rating you SHOULD be totally across. Too many people I feel are expecting their hand to be held.

No doubt all who disagree with my post are going to tear it to shreds, however it would be nice if those that are in agreement could also voice their opinion.