PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network aircraft to be crewed by JQ pilots
Old 2nd Apr 2018, 07:18
Rated De

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Beer Baron!

Could you please put a link up, our feed didn't see it.

I agree with you and Rated De, my point was about AIPA and perhaps getting some information out there from the industry point of view, not Alans.
We would content that you are correct, this is what is needed, Mr Joyce has junkets and family upgrades and Chairman's lounge with which to 'massage' opinion. In other countries that is called soft corruption. As some posters have alluded, there is little unions can do, the deck is stacked. This has happened in Europe (UK) with both 'sides' in charge.

I am not convinced that "foreign labour" is anything more than a bandaid anyway. As Rated De keeps on pointing out this issue is world wide.
Sure there may be a sudden influx of foreign pilots but in reality how many are out there? Willing to move and be long term prospects?
Look at the advertising all around the world now for crews.
Spot on. This is standard IR response. The scale of the shortage is unheard of, however the Qantas response is typical and predicated on unlimited supply. Network CANNOT crew flights, Jetconnect is the same. Applicaitons to both entities and indeed the regional subsidiaries are in the single digits.
Convincing pilots in Australia the 'sky is falling in' is the management intent(after all it worked for decades), the rebuttal (pun intended) needs to be just as vigorous.