PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2018, 22:28
Count of Monte Bisto

Received 105 Likes on 39 Posts
Pilot_GDN. I am not sure which companies you are thinking of that are better than easyJet, but do share here as we all want to go there. I can only think of national carriers like BA and for some people Emirates, but even that is open to question. My point is that there is no magic 'Air Utopia' out there, but if you have found one let us all into the secret.

I do think that schweizer2 is going to be proven correct about Wizz being unable to fulfil their plans this summer. The problem they face is self-defeating - they are short of crews so they have to over-utilise the ones they have and make endless roster changes and minimum rest days with no thought for commuters (who are a huge part of the pilot fraternity there). That makes the pilots hate the Company, the situation being exacerbated by poor pay, and therefore more leave to the likes of easyJet and that makes the lot of those remaining all the more difficult. And so the situation gets worse instead of better. To an extent the demise of Air Berlin and Monarch has rescued Wizz in the short term as it has generated enough unemployed and very capable Airbus pilots to steady the sinking ship. That has not happened in the 737 world where there is an acute shortage of experienced and capable pilots - hence RYR's difficulties. Interesting times.