PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does your flight school charge for these exams?
Old 1st Apr 2018, 11:25
ComradeRoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Com Failure
Hi all,

First post here. Currently in the early cross country stage of my PPL. Just wondering if it's normal for flight school to charge for the Pre-Solo Exam, Pre Area Solo Exam, and the Basic Aeronautical Knowledge Exam? So far I've been charged for all of them, the amounts are not too significant, but I'm wondering if this is normal practice. When I say not significant I mean the Pre Solo, Area Solo was under $50, and the BAK is about double as it was a longer exam.

I know I've obviously got to pay for the actual PPL exam which is set by CASA, but the above mentioned exams I understand while are compulsory, are set by the school themselves?

Many thanks
I say if you'd signed up for a full training course - it is a bit low to charge for these "exams" taking into account amount of money you will end up paying for training. Whatever people may try to argue - they cost only the worth of A4 paper and a printer cartridge.

I'd also be wary of "you need to do a bit more hours to polish this and that..." requests.