PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2018, 17:08
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
It was a tongue in cheek comment.

Mind you, shows what this thread has become that people think it’s a serious comment.
LAX LHR
Serious question: is there any depth that MAN could sink to that you wouldn't defend? Or mock those that raise genuine, legitimate concerns.
What would you say perhaps if they hired people to punch passengers in the face as they went through security....unless of course they paid a fiver to avoid the unpleasantness, would that be ok? Or would you say that people will still keep turning up / the infrastructure doesn't pay for itself / what do you expect for a 9.99 flight etc etc. Just how crap does it have to get?

The whole Manchester experience has plummeted in recent years, those that think it hasn't frankly need to use the airport more frequently and see how well other airports cope in similar situations. Comparator airports such as Brussels, Dusseldorf and Copenhagen are light years ahead in terms of the passenger experience. I frequently feel like a piece of meat when being processed through MAN - despite having paid hundreds, if not thousands for the flight.

MAN are now masters at contriving fake situations to justify hidden costs and charges...make the security queues so bad that people will gladly throw money at them to avoid the worst of it....artificially generate congestion by closing off practically all drop off points...so that they can claim they are doing everyone a favour by charging them to drop people off....they rely on most people being fools or turning up once a year and saying 'oh it's only once a year'...but when it's every week, the relentlessness and sheer misery of it all grinds you down. As I said in a previous post..start annoying the regulars in any business, aviation or otherwise....you're asking for trouble.