PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network aircraft to be crewed by JQ pilots
Old 30th Mar 2018, 08:17
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has that been communicated to members?
Yes, it was spelled out in exquisite detail verbally at the recent special general meeting by legal counsel for AIPA. I do not claim to speak for anyone else but myself.

Then there is the more general cases from the ABCC / CFMUE and the NSW train drivers. I contend that any meaningful leverage has been extinguished through legal mechanisms and arbitrary decisions that have in effect outlawed the ability to take any action that will harm an essential service or the public. Of course, these definitions now can be extended to cover 100% of work places.

It is true, there is scope to re-run the Jetconnect case. What would be the result of a win by AIPA? Almost certainly a change in legislation would be demanded (and received) in Canberra by Qantas to circumvent this outcome. A win by Qantas? A clear precedent will embolden them to further extend the strategy. Currently there is a degree of uncertainty & ambiguity.

Unfortunately there is a large asymmetry in the power relationship. A union is unlikely to provide complementary privileges of lounges and cabin upgrades to politicians and powerbrokers. In fact, if it attempted to do so, charges of corruption would be bought against the union leaders for misappropriation of members fund. To Qantas, that's just the cost of doing business to be deducted from any taxable income.

If you are referring to me as an angel, nothing could be further from the truth. My personal conviction is one of hatred for the egregious & corrupt business & political leadership that has resulted in a fascist state we find ourselves in. I will let my previous posts speak for themselves, and each reader can judge my standing on what I have said in the past.