PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2018, 03:37
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mostlytossas
Builders make $100 per hr! Incorrect. They charge you $100 per hr,and out of that they pay wages to employee say $34,vehicle expenses,office expenses,insurances, superannuation,sick leave,holiday leave, plant and equiptment maintenance. phone expenses.bank fees, interest on loans for materials/plant etc,licence fees,rent. The business owner would be lucky to make $20/hr/ employee. Unlike you head in the sand lot that just take your pay each week and moan how hard you have it.
I should have been more specific. Wasn't sure if this was take home or not. My point was that it wasn't that much.

You're making sweeping statements about people having heads in the sand and complaining. I was actually pointing out that "cash" work wasn't only trades.

I've worked a trade for a few years to save the money to learn to fly whilst doing night school. I then put myself through uni. After that I went bush for years building up hours. Today I sit exactly where I aimed to be. There are some tough days when I complain about it but thats pretty normal. I wouldn't swap with anyone.

Do I earn what I should? Probably not. Am I free to leave? Absolutely.

There are a few however, that really should leave as they don't enjoy it.