View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2018, 09:51
hansfalkenhagen

Originally Posted by EttaJames29 View Post
Hey All,

Im wondering if anyone has been given any indication of how long we will wait for an officer selection board now that weíve progressed through the ASP? Also, how much notice do you usually get?

Iíve heard the next intakes for initial officer training for RAAF are July and August and then not until next year.

Itís hard to organise your life when youíre stuck in this waiting game.
What stage are you up to?

You are notified during the ASP as to whether you have passed. 10 business days later you will receive a letter to say whether you will be offered an OSB based on your preferences. After that you wait until Canberra decides to lock in a date for your OSB.

Not everyone will get an offer to attend an OSB, even those who rank very highly with their ASP scores.

I have been told I will have the opportunity to go to a Pilot's OSB but I do not know when it is yet. I may get notified of my OSB date next week, or perhaps it will be months down the track.

My EC emailed me saying:
"Small RAAF intakes are currently scheduled for July & August 2018 and January & February 2019.
Small RAN intakes are currently scheduled for July 2018 & January 2019."

Note the word "Small".

I've got my heart set on the Navy (or Army but they aren't hiring) but have been told that there are only 2 positions for NEOC Navy Pilots this July, and 3 for Jan 2018. If the Navy are only hiring 5 pilots for the next year and my EC refers to a "small" RAN intake, then the RAAF's "small" intake may be similar. I am unsure as to where the "we're crying out for pilots" term comes from.